Of counters and counter covers

These pieces are going to be counter tips when they grow up.
(The hard, inside part of a boot or shoe that goes around your heel is called the counter. The outside, heel leather that you see is called the counter cover on cowboy boots. However, if there’s a decorative piece on the counter cover, it’s called a counter tip and not a counter cover tip.)

About customboots

I'm a custom cowboy boot maker. I own a business, Sorrell Custom Boots, and I create bespoke cowboy boots using vintage machinery and hand tools. I also own www.sorrellnotionsandfindings.com, a company that specializes in tools, supplies, and leather for the boot and shoe making trade.
This entry was posted in boot maker, Cowboy Boots and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s