Here’s a progress photo of how I put in a steel shank. On the far left is a boot with the steel shank glued in. That obviously wouldn’t last long, so the glue is just to hold it in place until I lace it. In the middle, I’ve added a layer of leather over the steel shank. Finally, on the right, I’ve securely laced-in the covered shank.
I’ve been inseaming boots!
Here’s my YouTube video for March.
Sewing side seams is fun. Getting the side seams completed with no disasters is even more fun. I’m halfway through in this photo.
Someone pointed out that the eagle’s head on this boot was SUPPOSED to be white. I really have no excuse for missing this particular detail. Fortunately it wasn’t too late to fix it.
I’m working on my www.sorrellnotionsandfindings.com website today. I’m adding all of the lasts to that website, with updated and current stock quantities. I have five last models up already and should complete the remainder of the last models by this evening. If you want to order, or see exactly what sizes and widths I have in stock in which models, check it out!
I’m working on boots again in my studio, and today I sewed the vamps and counter covers onto this pair of boots. They’re a little tricky, because the eagle’s tail feathers extend over the tongue. I sewed the eagle completely except for the tail feathers, sewed the vamps and counter covers onto the tops, and now I’m doing the decorative stitching on the tail feathers.